Welcome to Game 13 of the Seattle Seahawks 2022 season. PNWS has 12s covered with all you need to know for Sunday as the Seahawks host Carolina at Lumen Field.
Pacific Northwest Sports is here for Seattle Seahawks fans. We have all the facts and tidbits 12s need to know for Sunday’s game. This week Seattle faces the Rams in Los Angeles.
Who: Carolina Panthers (4-8) vs. Seattle Seahawks (7-5).
Where: Lumen Field – Seattle, Washington.
When: Sunday, December 11, 2022, 1:25 PM PST.
Weather: Overcast skies at kickoff will clear as the game progresses. Expect temperatures in the mid-40s with light winds from the north (weather.com).
TV: FOX. Announcers: Adam Amin, Mark Schlereth, Kristina Pink (awfulannouncing.com).
Line: Seahawks -4. Over/Under: 44.5 (oddshark.com).
The Seattle Seahawks snapped a two-game losing skid last week and are 5-2 in their last 7 games. They also covered the spread in 4 of 6 games at Lumen Field. The total has gone over in 7 of Seattle’s last 10 games.
Carolina is a dismal 4-15 in their last 19 games, which includes 9 straight road losses. Despite their poor performances lately, the Panthers have covered 4 of 5.
Seattle Seahawks Injuries
Out (IR) – SS Jamal Adams, CB John Reid (groin), Edge Tyreke Smith (hip), LS Tyler Ott (shoulder), Edge Alton Robinson (knee), LB Darryl Johnson (foot), Rashaad Penny (fibula), RB Cullen Gillaspia (knee), WR Dee Eskridge (hand), CB Isaiah Dunn (hamstring).
Probable – RB D’Onta Foreman (foot).
By the Numbers
Seahawks offense vs. Carolina defense
- Rushing yards per game Seahawks – 116.5 (17th) vs. Rushing yards against per game Carolina – 141.1 (23rd).
- Passing yards per game Seahawks – 244.4 (7th) vs. Passing yards against per game Carolina – 212.5 (14th).
- Total yards per game Seahawks – 360.9 (9th) vs. Total yards against per game Carolina – 348.2 (19th).
- Points per game Seahawks – 26.5 (5th) vs. Points per game against Carolina – 22.2 (14th).
- QB sacks allowed Seahawks – 31(19th) vs. QB sacks Carolina – 25 (20th-tied).
Carolina plays solid run defense, and the Seahawks running back group is banged up. It will be up to the offensive line to keep Panthers defensive end Brian Burns out of the backfield on pass plays. If they can maintain a clean pocket, Geno Smith should have plenty of open targets.
Seahawks defense vs. Rams offense
- Rushing yards per game Carolina – 116.5 (17th) vs. Rushing yards against per game Seahawks – 141.1 (23rd).
- Passing yards per game Carolina – 244.4 (7th) vs. Passing yards against per game Seahawks – 212.5 (14th).
- Total yards per game Carolina – 360.9 (9th) vs. Total yards against per game Seahawks – 348.2 (19th).
- Points per game Carolina – 19.2 (23rd) vs. Points per game against Seahawks – 25.3 (26th).
- QB sacks allowed Carolina – 26 (11th) vs. QB sacks Seahawks – 32 (12th-tied).
The Seattle Seahawks can do serious damage against a rudderless Carolina offense.
Matchups to Watch
Check back with us on Monday for our Seattle Seahawks overreactions.